Faild connection between Allen-Bradley and IMO inverter

learner1

Good Morning,

I got an IMO HD2 inverter with 2 slots and on the first slot I put the ethernet module (HD2-E-ENET) and the second one is free.

LED indicators on the module:

LED 1: Green Blinking 1 Hz
LED 2: Green
LED 3: Red Blinking 4 Hz
LED 4: Green

I’m following the hd2ethernet manual (hd2enetmanual.pdf (imopc.com)) from page 31 regarding Ethernet IP communication card to configure it and configure the PLC studio 5000 settings.

On the inverter I have as suggested by the manual on page 34:

"If you want to control the VFD with the communication card, set the control mode to
EtherNet/IP communication control. To be specific, set P00.01=2 (communication as the
running command channel) and set P00.02=3 (EtherNet/IP communication channel) to control
VFD start and stop
"

I’m trying to connect this module to the Allen-Bradley plc (1769-L16ER-BB1B), but it is resulting in fault status.
I have made sure that the ip address are correct (plc ip address 192.168.1.210, inverter ip address from P16.02-P16.05: 192.168.1.222)
I can ping the inverter from the pc.
I tried both ways, connecting the inverter directly to the plc and with an ethernet switch, in both ways pc can ping it but plc seems not to see it.

Please see the attach picture to see my plc configurations.

Can you please tell me what the problem could be?

Thank you.

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum:
I found the manual and had a look at the indicator specification. These are not standard MOD STS/NET STS EtherNet/IP LEDs, but a proprietary LED specification from this vendor, which is OK, but we need to understand it.
I am most concerned about LED3's description, as it suggests a connection timeout. In EtherNet/IP timeout means the scanner and adapter established a connection and due to a problem such as cable disconnection, the IO connection timed out.
If you could get an Ethernet tap and take a Wireshark trace we could get a lot more information. I post the manual so others can get it without using time to find it.

https://downloads.imopc.com/hd2enetmanual.pdf

2023-02-24 215316_IMO.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for looking at it.

I solved the problem and I was using a wrong ethernet module

HD2-E-ENET card is only for communication between the inverter and IMO workshop studio software (PC based)

an HD2-E-EIP card for communication between the HD2 inverter and the PLC 🙃