Studio 5000 - Time Sync Grandmaster Priority - Control Sync and Module Connection Faults

Bobcat22

I have to start out by saying I am not a PLC programmer and I have basic programming skills but mainly use software as a troubleshooting tool. I did not build the program that I am working with and I have very limited support from the OEM that designed the equipment. I have a system using a compactlogix L27 PLC and two Kinetix 5500 servo drives, one of these drives frequently gets Control Sync and Module Connection faults. The drives are connected to the PLC directly via AB shielded ethernet cables. Researching these faults I eventually started looking into the time sync and noticed that the PLC is set as a slave and the grandmaster clock is defaulting to a PLC that is not on the same network as the one I am working with. The controller I am working with is the only controller that commands the two Kinetix drives, there are no other controllers in the application. I eventually thought to set the priority to a low number to make the PLC I am working with the grandmaster, this worked for a while but eventually it defaulted back to assigning this random PLC as the grandmaster. Originally the Priority 1: and Priority 2: were both set to 128. I changed Priority 1: to 1 and it still somehow sets this random PLC as the grandmaster. Does anyone know how this is possible and if I am going down the right path to eliminate the frequent faults and fix this or how I could potentially correct this issue permanently?