WinCC flex refuses to start

aikona

From one moment to the other WinCC Flexible refuses to start.No changes to PC no microsoft updates no virus update. Any ideas ???

using WinCC flex 2005 SP1 HF7 on XP .

When I click to quickstart or normal icon on desktop ( or in start menu ) the software starts-up with a picture in the middle of the screen and then vanishes.Nothing appears in the task manager

Eric

Check the licence. It sounds like you don't have a licence or the 14day has run out. If you have a good licence then go into licence manager and try to updated it.

Hi

You can try to start after reinstalling the WinCC flexible.But do this after un-installing the WinCC Flexible.

Again your license may have got corrupted, in this case you can ask for help from Siemens.

Hi

I solved the problem ... I considered to uninstall and then re-install...but I first tried something else :

In Explorer under Documents and setting - 'username' - application data - there is a directory called Simatic WinCC flexible 2005 . I deleted this directory then I did the same under local settings and ..... WinCC restarts no problems.

happy ending after all

Eric

Hi

I solved the problem ... I considered to uninstall and then re-install...but I first tried something else :

In Explorer under Documents and setting - 'username' - application data - there is a directory called Simatic WinCC flexible 2005 . I deleted this directory then I did the same under local settings and ..... WinCC restarts no problems.

happy ending after all

Eric
Worked a treat - thanks Eric!(y)