Custom length computer cables OT

allscott

I am looking for a supplier of custom length computer cables. Specifically; power cords, VGA monitor cords, and peripheral USB cables.

I am installing small desktop PC's in industrial enclosures to a touchscreen and don't need the length of standard 3' to 4' cables and would like to tidy things up by using 6"-12" cables.

I could make my own but would prefer a premade solution and would be willing to pay a bit of a premium.

I have enough computer power cords to hang a revolution but they are all way too long....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On the hinge side use a piece of 2 inch by 2 inch open slotted cable duct to hide the spare cables, as standard lenth is normally cheapest.
Besides you won't add to, "I have enough computer power cords to hang a revolution"

Gil47 said:
On the hinge side use a piece of 2 inch by 2 inch open slotted cable duct to hide the spare cables, as standard lenth is normally cheapest.
Besides you won't add to, "I have enough computer power cords to hang a revolution"

Yes I thought of using some duct. For the so called experimental installation I just tye wrapped the cables as best as I could and sticky backed them to the panel. When I was sizing the enclosure I didn't realize how much volume standard cables would take up and I am trying to keep them as small as possible.

Since I am doing about 20 of these I think it is worth my while to source appropriate length cables. Eric and Tom thanks for the links, I think that is the way I will go.