beijers e300 recipes.

MarkH

I understand you can use multiple screens to recipe data. How do you define which screens hold recipe data? The manual does not explain or give an example.

Mark, I laughed when I saw your post, not at you but at beijers recipes.
I posted questions and asked mitsubishi people for years to show me exactly how to set up recipes on an e terminal. To date no one has succesfully told or shown me.
Many have posted 'how to's' but as I say, I have never managed it.

The manual is just too confusing and woefully short of explaining it. As a result, all my recipes have been done in the plc. That is far easier. You can make your own recipe screens and use buttons to move, read and write recipes. When I first tried them, the max memory in a plc was 2k but now with 4, 8 16K memories - recipes inside the plc are no bother.

Thanks for the response. Normally i have had no problems with e-terminal recipes, but use larger e-700 or 900 screens. With these simply placing a "save recipe" button on the screen disgnates the fields on that screen as recipe items. But with an e-300 screen i cannot get all the fields i require on one screen.
I do have to agree the manual is hopeless. When will the people who write these realise that a simple worked example is better then any number of pages of explanation.

I have never done multiple screen recipe's but I have made a single screen with overlapping objects. then I use a toggle type control to switch the visibility of the items so only some of them are seen at a time.

Even though they are invisible, they will be stored in the recipe.

If you really must do multiple screen recipe's I could probably help you figure it out. I'm more familiar with the Cimrex and Exter numbering. Which model is the e300 more like?

On some of the text models, I believe you can make a multiple page screen and scrool up and down to see the whole thing. You could try that and see if the objects in the unseen part of the screen get saved in the recipe...

Hi,

E300 = Cimrex 30

There are three approaches for this one.

1. Use the append recipe function. First you save one recipe in a block then jump to another screen and use the append recipe function. All devices on the second page will now be added to the recipe file.

2. Just as ndzied1 suggested, use a text block with all devices that you need to save/load. All devices in text block will be included in the recipe - this is probably the easiest and best approach.

3. Use PLC controlled recipes - this is explained in the manual...

//Supporter

Hi MarkH

Yes you can overflow a text screen, remeber to set the 'More Indication' in the block settings so that the operators know there is data offscreen. You can also use a report type text block though I think they have stopped that option in the new range of HMIs, on one machine I am up to two hundred settings. The only 'Gotchas' I can remember were for old versions of the e300 HMI, you had to define a register in the 'Current Recipe Reg' in the Recipe settings though I don't think that matters now. The other thing was to make sure that all items on the screen are available at the password level you login at.

The main advantage of using the HMI to store the recipe is that the current recipe is then stored in two places. For my machines the recipe contains all calibration data and is only changed once every year. So if the PLC fails they can stick in a new one and restore the data from the HMI, if the HMI fails the PLC still contains the calibration data.

Regards

Bryan

Hi MarkH

One other thing, make sure that you enable operator input to all values you want in the recipe. It might seem obvious, but I had some data I wanted them to see but not be able to change, I had to put it on a seperate screen otherwise it threw up error messages when they tried to restore data.

Regards

Bryan

The best way if you do not want to save recipe using plc code is to have your recipe edit screens laid out as you want them, then have a seperate screen with all the registers anyhow even on top off each other, but use a dummy bit for the visible parameter (so they are hidden).

Then use standard recipe functions to save, recall etc on that page.
i.e. Add D50 to 99 on one page, D100-150 on another laid out as you recipe, then just add D50 to 150 on the recipe function screen.