PanelBuilders32 or RSview

New platform

RSView is the new package, Panelbuilder32 is the old. The RSView software is needed to program AB's new platform of Panelviews, the Panelview Plus, as well as it's RSView stations, and all the like. The regular panelviews are on their way out, so I'd suggest learning the tricks of the trade with RSView if you'd like to keep the same job tasks that you have had.

Russ

PanelBuilder32 is for the standard PanelViews, which are just a dumb, operator interface terminal. RSView Studio ME is for the PanelView Plus platform, which is a machine-level HMI platform with better graphics, trending capability, etc. The standard PanelViews are not "on the way out" by the way. Rockwell stated as recently as last year that there are no plans for obsolescence in the near future. They still sell way too many of them and much like the PLC-5, the installed base is huge.