PLC Simulator

Calistodwt

I entered a simple ladder program of one input(I/0) and one output(O/0) selected run mode and whilst the input button changes when selected the ouput lamp does not change, nor is there any changes in colour on the rung indicating that it is working.

I added a single input to a rung and tried to add a branch which did not work. I added a second input in series with the first and was then able to add branch around the second input. I then deleted the first input and was left with two inputs in parallel (OR) which is what I wanted to do at the start.

Anyone got any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Yes, the most likely error is that you have not entered the Output address correctly.

I see this happening a lot recently: Setting your display screen resolution so high that your text appears so small that you can't read it. Try the next lower resolution. You will see a smaller area, but it will have letters and numbers that you can actually read, instead of guessing what they are. Guessing does not work well for PLS programming.

You should specify which simulator you are using, and then say what PLC it is simulating. It does make a huge difference.

That being said, from your description, I would guess it is LogixPRO and the Allen-Bradley SLC 500 model simulation. In which case your Output address should look like this: O:2/0. Note that if you use some other form, your output will not energize. See example below:

ADDRESSING_EXAMPLE32.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with "Underdog" on this one..looking at the original post from Calistodwt the addressing looks like it should if we are talking about this sites's simulator. I can't see where we made the leap to LogixPro.

Wait a minute

I am guilty of many thing, the main thing not being as smart as some of y'all.

The use of I/O could apply to any simulator BUT since the post was here AND this site has a simulator.....

I use the "Underdog" avatar because those that know sometimes forget others do not and vice versa. LOL, I save the day.

Last edited:
Sorry folks I am trying to use the simulator on this site. I wrongly assumed that everyone would understand that. I followed the help facility to create a simple one rung ladder with one input and one output. The simulator uses I/0 for input zero and O/0 for output number zero which I have entered in the format letter/number. Although it runs when put into the RUN mode and the input switch responds to the operation of the input there is no colour change on the actual rung to signify operation and also no change in colour of the ouput indicator.

hmmm... then I don't know why it isn't working...
try with a new project, that's all I can think of

Calistodwt said:
Although it runs when put into the RUN mode and the input switch responds to the operation of the input there is no colour change on the actual rung to signify operation and also no change in colour of the ouput indicator.

I guess it is