ET200S limitation

manmeetvirdi

hi

I have got a set up in which I need to communicate the S7-313 2DP with ET-200S through profibus.
Remote I/O cards being communicated through IM 151-1.Cards details are 3 DO,16 AI card type HF,4 AO Cards type HF.
Problem is only 21 cards are getting communicated, that is when i plug the remaining last two cards ( 22nd and 23rd card) then IM module gives SF as well as BF fault.
Although in hardware configurtion project gets compiled without any error. Also the limitation of the remote rack is 64.So where the problem is, I'am unable to figure out.
Help needed !!

Just a thought (because I've never used analog IO on ET200S so far): maybe your maximum address space for IO and/or parameterization is already used up, but that's impossible for me to tell because I have no clue what type of IM151-1 you're using in combination with what types of IO cards. I guess the IM151-1 is a high feature type, because you're using HF analog modules.

Kind regards,

What does the Hardware Diagnostics (*) say about it ?
*: I do not mean the diagnostics buffer, but the HW diagnostics that you can reach with PLC .. Hardware Diagnostics.

hi
Jvcande I need to check the HF capablity of the IM 151, will better post my harware configuration over here, to give better idea.
JesperMP the moment i plug last two modules it gets dissconected from the PLC and hardware daignostic just says that unable to reach the specified address.

You are not overloading the current capability of the PM module(s) ?
Check also the attached wiring on those modules.
Edit: Remove the wiring ! Just to see if you can get the full ET200S rack up and running.
If all else fails, I would start exchanging hardware one-by-one. If you dont have spares you can possibly swap modules and see if error follows any of the particular module(s).

Anyway, I dont think it is a problem that you use HF modules with a normal IM. You just wont be able to use the HF functionality (such as expanded diagnostics).