Ancient 5TI-3201 TCAM Help Needed.

nighthawkjw

This may be a shot in the dark, but am needing help with an old 5TI-3201 TCAM (Timer Counter Access Module). I have no manual and am trying to determing if the old girl is even working right. I have the correct cable attached to a working 5TI-1034-2. It powers up with power on the sequencer, self-tests (lights all LEDS) and the pushbutton switches all work, but only the left side LEDs light to display any data. I am thinking, should it not display rung data on the right LEDs?

I know that manuals and info for this from Siemens may have never been online. If anyone can help or point me to someone that can, would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Jimmy

From the deep, dark recesses of my memory the TCAM was only for affecting Timers and Counters (hence its name.) Though I did work with one engineer, frustrated with the complexity of working with the TCAM, began punching multiple keys randomly and somehow dumped the program from the 5TI Sequencer.

The customer was arriving for an acceptance test and I had only 30 minutes to hand enter (using the old 'adding machine' style interface) the program by hand from paper documentation. I made it.

Hi Bernie and thanks for your quick response to my plea. I do have an old 5TI Installation/Operation manual but the information it gives on the TCAM is very minimal. It says the TCAM "provides a method of display and adjustment of the timer and counter functions programmed into the memory of the Sequencer."

So, I only have my sequencer programmed for a test loop. If I include a timer/counter function in the loop, will the TCAM display that?

BTW, enjoyed your tale of stress about the acceptance test. Glad you made your 30 minute deadline!!!