High Speed Counter

magdyfayad

How can we connect the high speed counter to PLC and what is the application of it ??

can we connect the encoder to the high speed counter instruction ??

Some PLCs have in-built high-speed counters (although the term can be a bit relative). Most PLCs have provision for add-on modules (known as Function Modules, FMxyz, in the Siemens world) to provide this flexibilty.

Encoders are a good example of a device that is commonly used in conjunction with a high-speed counter.

thanks RMA

1- yes , some PLCs have in-built high-speed counters as zelio relay from schnider , but can you give me an example or an application to show me how we use the high speed counter by the encoder ??

2- can we connected any output encoder ( as pulse train or grey code or line driver ) or we must connected a certain encoder output and what is it ??

3- what are the differences between these three encoder outputs : pulse train and grey code and line driver ?? and what are the applications of each ??

4- PLCs which have in-built high-speed counters or PLCs which have provision for add-on modules can we use it as a simple CNC ??

thanks again