Dispalying sql data on a grid with WINCC

ishmail

Hello

I am using WINCC 6.2 to access a sql server 2005 database, i have managed to do all the connections and everything works, i can insert, delete and modify, however, when i search the database, what happens is that the serched records are displayed in I/O fields, and the user would have to click on the next button to view the next record.

this is a poor disign for my application, and i would like to have the data being displayed on a grid or something similar, so that the data is displayed at once and there is no need to have a next button and I/O Fields, but just one grid.

I hope i make sense, i just dont want to keep on clicking to view the next record, this is tiresome and takes a long time, for instance if the user's search returned 600 records, he would then have to click 600 times to view all his records.

i want to diplay in something similar to the tabular format that the alarms in WINCC are displayed.

many thanks.

Last edited: