Data Transfer

finskhan

need data transfer between 3152DP an d modicon 984-680/685 my main system is s7 and comunication media is Profibus i donot have experience on modicon tell me about gate way or modbus and Profibus coupler and how i can configure that devices in foxpro any example or link in this contact its urgent thanks

Use DP/DP Coupler

I have used them for several projects to transfer data between systems and also used it to transfer data between a Siemens and Schneider PLC systems.

DP/DP Coupler is used to interconnect two PROFIBUS DP networks in order to enable the transfer of data between the masters of both networks.

The maximum length of transferred data consists of 244 bytes of input data and 244 bytes of output data.

Link for manual at Siemens support:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/news/en/1179382

If it for programming you want connects the systems, you can't use the DP/DP Coupler it is only for data transfer.

yes but

yes we can use but i have no dp interface in modicon plc i have modbus port is it any dp/modbus coupler? and how i can configure it in modicon plc i donot have such comunication experience in modicon but i have in siemens can u help me in that way or just tell me any address from where i can get solution

Gateway

If there is no Profibus in the Modicon, then the solution can be a gateway between Modbus and Profibus.

Take a look a Anybus X-gateway, there you can have a Modbus to Profibus gateway.
The best gateway must be a Modbus to Profibus SLAVE gateway.

Link to Anybus:
http://www.anybus.com/products/abx.asp

u can add to your system a cp 341 and buy a license for modbus master 6ES7870-1AA01-0YA0
i did not make it before but i know that this is the way to make a modbus interface