I really hate Siemens !!!!!!

userxyz

srtfge.JPG

That's the only thing I get when I want to go only on a PLC connected on the ethernet, or on profibus or MPI.

This after I did some OPC testing.

I deleted everything in the station configurator, problem remains,

Siemens is really ****

Let's hate all bad automatics.
Laser sensor is not cheap, and troubles included, ALLWAYS
I really hate Laser sensor 4-20 mA =0.2...10.0 m !!!!!!
Because realy is not linear 0.15...??? m !!!
FC105 show wrong result !!!

I really love absolute encoder - it always show true data !!!

It is a joke.

Silly that that to hate from for minor problems.

Many problems actually not is a problem, and there is a result of a carelessness.

Thanks funny- Combo in one post is using SimaticNet with OPC and it works fine.

Combo's next post he can not communicate.

It makes me think he screwed up the settings in the configuration console, its not set for PG operation.
But wait- thats the softwares fault.

JRW said:
Thanks funny- Combo in one post is using SimaticNet with OPC and it works fine.

Combo's next post he can not communicate.

It makes me think he screwed up the settings in the configuration console, its not set for PG operation.
But wait- thats the softwares fault.

JRW, your like a breath of fresh air!!!

But why can't you answer to the point of my problem, have you ever had this problem too ?

And if so, why ... ?

I'm not asking to comment my reaction, we all were frustrated once in our lives, especially when using siemens.

En german guy said to me this week: Siemens stands for SieNemens. For germans and dutch people out there, u'll understand what he ment.

They are starting up a line with Sinamics in our factory, Sinamics is new, and for the Siemens guys out there, u all know: Siemens and new = no good. They are allready 3 weeks trying to startup the line, many many problems with the Sinamics...
They made the Starter configuration offline, OFFCOURSE, THAT's NORMAL, then they arrive at our factory and want to download their configuration, nothing works because the topology of the Sinamics is not the same as the online one, only for correcting this: ONE WEEK, owyeah, 40 motors...

Maybe they'll send us a service pack or a hot fix, hahaha

Last edited:
Combo said:
srtfge.JPG

That's the only thing I get when I want to go only on a PLC connected on the ethernet, or on profibus or MPI.

Hi Combo
Should the red highlighted word above say ONLINE

As you dont seem to be getting responses, and I use Rockwell with various drive attached thru DeviceNet, I will add my thought.
If I saw the above box, and message, I would go looking for software major revision number mismatches or missing EDS files
I know, I expect you answer will be "been there done that"
Best of luck

Lets try to sort it out.

What is S7ONLINE set to in the Set PG/PC Interface utility ?
If it is set to internal, then deleting everything in the station configurator will surely block any access to anything.

If it set to TCP/IP and the PC is connected to the PLC via ethernet, then try to ping the PLC from the PC.
STEP7 looks into the HW configuration to figure out "where" the PLC you want to connect to is. With "where" I mean MPI or DP station address, or IP address with ethernet.
So check that the IP address in the HW configuration matches what the PLC is really set to.

Also, with ethernet the IP adresses should be in the same "group", i.e. 192.168.0.1 .. 192.168.0.2 .. 192.168.0.3 etc.

I worked with a lot of PLC's over the years. Foreign and domestic.
A novice should not be introduced to this system. I have been in alot of foreign plants whose contracts state Siemens must be used. Then I met with the maintenance people and they wish another PLC should have been chosen. Alot would request Allen-Bradley.

tnx

thanks Jesper

JesperMP said:
Lets try to sort it out.

What is S7ONLINE set to in the Set PG/PC Interface utility ?
If it is set to internal, then deleting everything in the station configurator will surely block any access to anything.

If it set to TCP/IP and the PC is connected to the PLC via ethernet, then try to ping the PLC from the PC.
STEP7 looks into the HW configuration to figure out "where" the PLC you want to connect to is. With "where" I mean MPI or DP station address, or IP address with ethernet.
So check that the IP address in the HW configuration matches what the PLC is really set to.

Also, with ethernet the IP adresses should be in the same "group", i.e. 192.168.0.1 .. 192.168.0.2 .. 192.168.0.3 etc.