Pseudo Redundant ControlLogix System ???

pedroascencio

Hello Everyone,

I need a simple solution for my customer who doesn't want ControlNet redundant (CNBR) modules, he want only CNB modules with 2 "real" controlnet networks separate between 1 Local chasis and 1 remote chassis.

I don't have experience about this, so If someone can help me, I would be very grateful.

These are the componets of my pseudo redundant solution:
1 chassis Local and 1 chassis Remote.
In the Local chassis I have only one processor and 2 CNB modules (not redundant, just CNB)
In the Remote chasis I have 2 CNB modules and I/O digitals modules that command differents motors and read its status.

Is possible to connect each pair of CNB (Local-Remote) by separate?, So that, by GSV instruction the processor to decide through which network write/read remote I/Os???

I don't know if I am going to have some problems synchronizing both networks separately by RSNetworx, because the CPU would be addressing the same Remote chassis by 2 diferents networks.!!!!!

thanks for your help.!!