Product Service Advisory RS ControlLogix / FlexLogix

JERA

Hi

If you have a ControlLogix Controller 1756-L55 firmware Revision 15.03 and 15.04 or a FlexLogix Controller 1794-L34 firmware Revision 15.03, 15.04, and 15.05 read the attached.

There is a failure in the firmware so after approximately 3 to 4 months of continuous operation, 1756-L55 and 1794-L34 controllers at the firmware revisions listed above experience a non-recoverable major fault.

Continuous operation is defined as the controller being powered up in any mode (Program, Run, Remote, or Remote Run).

JERA

Thanks for posting.

That is not a new service bulletin though. That problem was identified around a year ago. The date on the document you posted is november of 2006.

I had to rev. up several plc's to fix it at my facility.

RSL

Look upyou maybe have a problem!

Hi

I know that it is no new service bulletin, and it was only for information.

The reason for I posted it, was that I have a new plant controlled by FlexLogix and it was made with RSLogix 5000 ver. 15, so the firmware for the system was 15.3 and I got the problems.
I got this service bulletin from Rockwell tech support, and fixed the problem with a firmware upgrade.

So for information for all them there (like me) have made a new project in ver. 15, look here you maybe have a problem.

Okay, I think we had this issue, but I am a little bit unsure about our firmware revision.

On the controller properties page it shows 15.3, not 15.03. Are these one and the same?

I have been all over ab.com looking for a list of firmware numbers for an hour. I find some references to 15.03 and some references to 15.3 but never both in the same document...

Thanks in advance.

Best guess = Upgrade

After checking Rockwell Flash Firmware Updates page, I will guess that you are in the danger zone, because the only availably firmware version in version 15 is:
1794-L34 ver. 15.06
1756-L55 ver. 15.05

So if you have a 15.3 version I will upgrade, but you can check with Rockwell Tech support.
If you contact Rockwell, do have the serial number for the processor ready, it will help them to say yes/no to a firmware upgrade.