Timed out reading error in rsviewse

volga

hi all,
i am from india and we have problem from integrating Timed out reading error from 5 slc 5/04 plc. All the data are coming but i doubt that there must be overloaded dh+ traffic. i dont think in our place we can arrange some sort of network analyzer to see network traffic. Due to this our four station running rsview are getting slow down and after few hours we checked there was 34000 error and hmi has gone blank we had to restart data servers.

baud rates is at 57.6 k.

any doubt or tips at station connectors?

Can you remove any of the nodes? try and remove any that you are not using or any that you can stop, then monitor the network and bring them on one at a time

Also is this a new system? or has it been running for sometime, has anyone made any changes??

thanks for ur reply , i will try some issues like overhead time slice setting and cvs bit resettting in plc. also this problem is consistent since many months but as soon as we started trending and alarming whole hmi system got slow down.

also this network is bus topology and our hmi is loaded with many network cnet , dh+ , Serial , DeltaV , and few other. any body know abt some sort of msg/packet counters so that we know status of unack packets.

this is critical problem as pid face plates are taking 30 second to get visible from wireframe. we are underpressure to resolve this issue as our plant operating at 350 KG/Cm2 of hydrogen pressure.

please help

volga said:
...but as soon as we started trending and alarming whole hmi system got slow down.

Check your sampling times on your trends, if you have these set very low (several times a second) then it will use take up a lot of space on the network, you could also look into changing the baud rate from 57 to 215? (forgot what the higher speed is)

But I would look into the sampling times first, some of your trends you may be able to slow down to several times per minute verses several times per second