WinCC Flex , setting bit on S5

juanmdx

Hi there,

I'm working on a proyect on WinCC Flex for a S5 PLC, the thing is that I need that when I'm on a certain screen the panel set a bit on the PLC, I'm using the action "Loaded" on the Events properties of the mentioned screen, but the value isn't changing, or at least that's what I think, because the value of another variable isn't changing. The program is something like this:

If I'm on screen1(DB14 DW18.2) and DB14 DW5 are 1, then load (and go to certain subrutines) with the value DB18 DW52

So, on my screen1 y have the SetBit when Loaded, then I change the value of DB18 DW52, and then I set the bit (with a button) DB14 DW5.

But my values aren't changing, and I can't see step by step what's going on, because I can only be communicated with one device with the PLC (the laptop on which I've the panel working as a runtime) or the same laptop but reviewing the S5 program.

Any suggestions.

Juan

PD- the button that set the bit DB14 DW5 is something the cliend wants.

Maybe is the adquisition cycle of the button that sets the DB14 DW5, it was on 1s and maybe is too slow, I'll put it on 100ms and let you know if that was it.

But if you have any suggestions let me know.

Juan

If you use TTY (aka AS511) as the online connection, then it is not a good idea to set update rates as low as 100ms. TTY/AS511 operates at a measly 9600 baud.

Is it only the setbit function on the screen_loaded event that doesnt work ?

Well I believe is that one, because I can't be checking which values are changing, the only one I can see in the panel is the DB18 DW52, I think is the screen_load bit, but it can be the DB14 DW5 byte, and if the cycle is 1s maybe I'm clicking it too fast (when I press it it goes to one value and on the release it goes to 0 again) and the PLC can't see if because of the cycle.

-- I'm really just guessing, I can't be making test at all times because is one of the most critical machines here --

Juan

I got to the cycle time because I was checking the values on the "runtime with simulator" and I saw that the value of the button sometimes didn't change due to the cycle time.

the load_screen value and the other ar changing correctly.

Juan