RTC in Mitsubishi Fx2N

The_Wanderer

I have one of those annoying problems that only crop up when you are not watching...

We have a machine testing parts, and printing a label on the good parts that come through. On the label is a part number that is fixed, a serial number that increments, and a time & date. Twice this year (the machine has been running happily for over a year), the date has reset itself to January 1, 2000.

The system is a Mitsubishi Fx2N, with a E700 HMI attached. THe HMI gathers the label information from the PLC, formats it, and dumps it to a Zebra PAX print engine. There have been no other program problems-- the machine will run away quite happily printing out the wrong date, and other than reading the RTC, there are no functions using the time & date.

Any ideas what is happeneing? Y2K bug? Battery problems? Dodgy program?

PS: Just found the site 2 weeks ago, taken me this long to read all the old topics, but have learnt a lot. My thanks to everyone involved!