panelbuilder maintened push button PV600 touch

freepat

In my Pv600, i using some selector switch (maintened push button)to start, for example a pump or conveyor.. When a emergency stop is present, i want make off the selector switch. I using unlatch to do that. But when i want to restart the pump, i must pressing 2 time the selector switch to activate the maintenen push button.

How desactivate a selector switch and press only one time to activate after a emergency???

Change it to a momentary and do the seal-in logic in the PLC.

Make sure you use a distinct Display Tag. (Or is it called Indicator Tag for a PB? I forget...) Don't use the same one as the Write Tag.

The operators will never see the difference...To them, it will behave correctly.

Then, your seal-in logic in the PLC can be "broken" by the e-stop monitor input and the indicator will change states to match the pump running condition.

can you give me a example to seal-in. With my method, if i using the same momentany push button to activate and desactivate a bit, and if my scan time is long, it's doesn't any time... it's why a using maintened button

This is a latch in the program or 'seal'

Use this in the program not the Panelview, then your stop drops the logic

sealin.gif

GIT..He is trying to use the same push button to start and stop the output..

I dont know about the regular PV but when i have to do this on the PV+ i create two momentary buttons, the using the visability i make the active button visable and the inactive one invisbale..if the motor is running the the "Start" button is invisable and the "STOP" button becomes visable and vis versa..i am sure there are many other ways to do this..

Yes, you can use a single button to both start and stop the pump. You need a flip flop.

You can do this a variety of ways and there are tons of posts on the subject. The way I do it is not the preferred, universal method, and I don't have RSLogix here to show you, but others can help out here.