Surge protector needed

ascot01

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone recommend a surge protector to install in a controls cabinet (non-ventillated) inline feeding the power supply (P-2 I think) of a 10-slot SLC 5/03 rack ? Getting alot of power spikes lately from the utility.

Thanks

Where are line filters used?
After the power supply that feeds the I/O?
After the surge protector that feeds the CPU power supply?

I see Islatrol has some 'combo' units..would these be used before the CPU power supply and also before the I/O power supplies whether they are AC or DC, to protect the entire rack and all I/O?

Thanks

As I understand it, line filters are for power conditioning, which would mean your second line. Power out of the power supply should be good provided that the juice coming in is good. I'm no power engineer - I may be missing the point.

ascot01 said:
Where are line filters used?
After the power supply that feeds the I/O?
After the surge protector that feeds the CPU power supply?

I see Islatrol has some 'combo' units..would these be used before the CPU power supply and also before the I/O power supplies whether they are AC or DC, to protect the entire rack and all I/O?

Thanks