CP card in SCADA PC

orense

Hello!

I work for a company which has a power plant in Bangladesh.

The plant has 7 Siemens 300 plc's, which are connected to a computer on Profibus with s7 communication. The pc has a CP 5613 in one of the slots on the motherboard. It has Simatic NET installed, Net communicates with the driver in the scada application

This week they called because they got error messages and they said that there are no lights on, on the CP card. They took it out of the pc, put it back in and then it worked for some minutes before it went out again.

The messages they got were the following:

1. The software version doesn’t fit with the hardware version of the CP5613_5614

2. Please send the internal CP data to the SIMATIC NET hotline

3. The internal CP data is written to the file: C:\Program Files\SIMATICNET\CP5613_5614 \Logfiles\EXCP_CP1.bin!

They restarted the computer and got the following messages:

1. Defect(ICE) CP5613_5614 hardware

2. FW nitch gestarted->timeout

Have anybody seen these messages before?
To me it is obviuos that either the CP card or the slot on the motherboard is damadged...

Thanks alot for any answers (y)

regards
Andreas

CP5613 cards

I use CP5613 cards with Siemens S7-400 PLC's.
There are at least 2 different cards CP5613 and CP5613 (A2) and they require different simatic net software.
I have several of each type running in factories in India and have had a few problems as follows.
1. CP5613 die sometimes.
2. CP5613 don't seem to like high temperatures.
3. Using Profibus cables (thick and stiff) the cards are sometimes pushed partly out of their PC slot.
4. Some PC motherboards are very badly supported and deflect significantly when the card is installed such that proper contact is not made by all edge connector circuits. I have had to use a rolled up plastic bag between the motherboard and steel pc bottom to hold the motherboard up.