Acknowledge of alarms in WinCC flexible

JERA

I there someone the have a solution for acknowledge alarms in WinCC flexible?

I need to have one bit from the PLC to acknowledge alarms in the panel and it is the same bit there has to acknowledge all the alarms
When I acknowledge an alarm in the panel I have to set 1 bit in the PLC and again it is the same bit for all alarms.

All the alarms are in the same acknowledge group.

If you want to acknowledge all alarms from the PLC, then just set all the acknowledge bits - hold them for 2 seconds - and then reset them again.

There is no function to reset all alarms with just one bit.

JesperMP said:
If you want to acknowledge all alarms from the PLC, then just set all the acknowledge bits - hold them for 2 seconds - and then reset them again.

There is no function to reset all alarms with just one bit.
Is there a way to use the same word / bit in properties/Acknowledgement for Acknowledgement PLC ? If I try to do this, I get an error but it is OK for Acknowledgement HMI function.

The problem is that the trigger bit for the alarms is not in the same word, but I only have 1 bit (1 alarm) in 1 word and the next alarm is 10 words up due to an alarm structure.
(It is not me there have made the program, only in to help)

JERA said:
Is there a way to use the same word / bit in properties/Acknowledgement for Acknowledgement PLC ? If I try to do this, I get an error but it is OK for Acknowledgement HMI function.
I dont really understand what you want to say there. Try telling it in another way.

JERA said:
The problem is that the trigger bit for the alarms is not in the same word, but I only have 1 bit (1 alarm) in 1 word and the next alarm is 10 words up due to an alarm structure.
You can jumble the alarm and acknowledge bits around as you please. But I strongly warn against it. You will soon lose the overview of which bits are associated with which alarms.

Dont worry about that there are unused words in the alarm array.

JesperMP said:
I dont really understand what you want to say there. Try telling it in another way.

You can jumble the alarm and acknowledge bits around as you please. But I strongly warn against it. You will soon lose the overview of which bits are associated with which alarms.

Dont worry about that there are unused words in the alarm array.
OK, I try in another way. 🤞🏻
If you are going to properties for the alarm and there is the Acknowledgement setup where you setup the Acknowledgement PLC and Acknowledgement HMI.
Is there a way to use the same word/bit for Acknowledgement PLC, so I can use the same word/bit for all alarms?

I know that there is no problems to have unused words in the alarm array, and I have before made project with WinCC flexible and alarm handling with no problem.

But in this project the programmer (my customer and this is his first Step 7 project) have made an alarm structure for handling the alarms. This alarm structure is build up so every alarm has some bit for alarm handling, some words for timer (preset / actual value) and an “indicator” word where 1 bit is the alarm trigger.

My job is to help the programmer to get his program to work, and assist him to make the last of the program.
One of the things I have to find a solution of, is to make acknowledge from the PLC to the panel, and get a bit to the PLC when there is made acknowledge on the panel.
There are 350 alarms there is build up like this, so I have to find a "quick and dirty" way to solve this.

I have talk to Siemens hotline, but no help there.

Last edited:
JERA said:
If you are going to properties for the alarm and there is the Acknowledgement setup where you setup the Acknowledgement PLC and Acknowledgement HMI.
Is there a way to use the same word/bit for Acknowledgement PLC, so I can use the same word/bit for all alarms?
I say, give it a try. And tell us how it went.

ACK in Wincc Flex

Hi All,

Is there a way to acknowledge alarms with just one single bit in Wincc flex, from a pushbutton.
When I try to use a bit/word/int away from the integer where the alarm gets triggered from it doesn't accept it, with other words it only accepts acknowledgment from the same word where the alarm is triggered from.
Is there a work around...
Thanks
Henk