Anyone using OCX with WinCC Flexible ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi.

In theory one should be able to use OCX (aka ActiveX) with WinCC Flexible.
In practice I have found only two OCX components that actually work:
The Adobe Reader (is installed by default).
The csXGraph from Chestysoft (this one was pointed to me by Human on sps-forum.de).
Anyone know any other OCX that really work with WinCC Flexible ?
All others that I have tried crashes after a while.

It should also be possible to write ones own OCX with VB or Delphi for example.
Are there anyone who actually do this ?

edit: I forgot to say that I am only considering PC runtimes as platform.
OCX with WinCE should be theoretically possible, but apart from the Adobe reader, I would not try to do this on a panel.

Last edited:
I saw an example from Siemens using a Microsoft combo box. That's about the only thing I have seen. I have used an Active X for one of Peter's RMC70 controllers. It worked fine I just used the examples they had for VBscript and put it all in a script. I did this just as a test to see if it would work.

We had a post a while back where they were trying to interface with a DVT camera. I don't remember how it turned out.

I went to training on WinCC Flex, and at the time, (2 years ago) they were boasting that you could run MOST activeX components, no problem. Actually, he used acrobat reader in his demonstration, then had a Windows Media file open for instructions....pretty cool.

I just found another one that seems to work:
Simple Grid from http://adfsoft.hypermart.net/sgrid
And it is freeware.
A bit too simple though. Could have been nice if it could save and load to/from a .CSV file.

The danger with OCX components is that how can you know that they will work with upcoming Microsoft OS'es ?
I have problems with some ActiveX dependent software that isnt WinXP compatible. Only works with Win 2000 :(

I only try to use these OCX components because there are some gaping holes in WinCC Flex' capablities.

Anybody know how to use ActiveX Control? How to "paste" it into project? Where is it?
First, I registered ActiveX control in Windows.
Second, i put it to C:\Programm Files\Common\Siemens\...

I once wrote my own activex for displaying pictures in protool pro it workes with parameters and all but when i try the same ocx in Flexible it fails. I think you need Siemens SDK but i dont now anybody that actually have used it.

Volkov said:
My problem is that I don`t see tab "My Controls" on TOOLS. Where I can find it?
Its under enhanced objects but you need a pc configuration (WinccFlexible advanced) for this to work.