S7-Micro Upload Problem

Favian

Hello,
I recently tried to upload a program from a S214cpu and was unsuccesful. the upload screen looked like it was completing the task because the % was increasing and finally got to 100%. However it then gave me an error "BOLCK SUPPLIED HAS AN UNRECOGNIZED FORMAT". I am new to Siemens and this is the first time that I have tried to work with the S7 Micro series, am I missing something or is there a problem? I would apreciate any help, thanks

S7-upload problems

Hi Favian!

I don´t know which connection you use, but i guess RS232/PPI Multi-master cable.
Check the cable-box, pin2(on), pin5(on) and rest off, this is for 9600-baud and PPI(multi-master).
Next: Chose PLC and TYPE in Micro/Win program, then the right PLC TYPE and READ PLC.
Next:Communitations - SET PG/PC interface, select the PG/PPI Cable, remember to set the Properties - PPI to 9.6baud
Next: double click to refresh, and it should find the right PLC and be ready for upload.

Good luck.

hjajoe,
I did everything you described with no luck, I think the comm is set up properly because I click the refresh and I can see the correct PLC, I can also change the STOP and RUN on the plc from my laptop. my problem is not being able to upload the program. I don't have a copy of this program therefore i would like to back it up and try to troubleshoot. Like I mentioned in my first post, while uploading every thing looks to be working but when the status bar reaches 100% I get the error "Block Supplied has an Unrecognized Format" The program in the PLC was downloaded in 1999, so could it be that there is a difference in Versions or could it be the PLC is password protected? Thanks again.