90 Micro upload fail

chris55555

Hello everyone!

We have an smt line with a conveyor that lost its program when the battery died. There are three conveyors in total, the 1st one, that lost the program was made in 1997 and the other two are from 1998. They have 90 Micros in them, IC693UDR005FP1 I am trying to pull the program off a running one to store it on the downed one. We do not have backups of the programs.

I have tried using a usb to serial converter with Proficy Machine 9.5 on a windows 10 computer, It was able to connect and upload the hardware configuration successfully, but when uploading the logic or forced values it comes up with the error: "Error 8097: Server Error - Transfer Error: Remote disconnect has occured [0x6A][0x02]"

I also tried LM90_9.05 on virtual box running winXp, using the db9 serial port on the computer, connected to a MOXA TCC-100I rs232 to rs422 converter and then through a custom cable to the plc. With this setup I can connect to the plc and get the configuration, but not the ladder logic or reference tables. LM90 says "<S43> communication failed" It seems like it drops comms when uploading the ladder logic, and after the <S43> error comes up, the communication starts again. I also tried this setup with the usb to serial converter, it also drops comms when uploading the ladder logic and comes back online after the error. The error is either the S43 comms failed or it says "Error during load; Program folder incomplete. Must reload or restore logic".

I seem to get these same results on each of the plc's.

also, theres no password, LM90 says I have level 4 access. And there was a fault in the downed PLC that I cleared: "PLC CPU software fault"

Any help or direction would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Chris.

If you are trying to upload while the PLC is running, try uploading only the program logic with the CPU stopped.

The Proficy help file for that error code suggests firmware issues with some 90-30 models, but that doesn't seem to apply to your situation.

Is the project name the same for all three conveyors?

Did you create a new project folder from scratch when you started to troubleshoot this problem? If not, what did you use?

Underlying both of those questions is a concern that you are trying to use a folder for a different PLC model than what is actually present.

Having the cpu stopped and only uploading the logic seems to produce the same results.
I created a new TEMP folder when starting this all of this. The three plc program names are not the same, but similar.

Using the project name, "TEMP" was the way Logicmaster used to handle an upload from a PLC where you didn't know the project name. I'm not sure whether they maintained that through VersaPro and Proficy. Have you tried opening the "Status" window in Proficy to see the PLC name and version? If you can get the firmware version off the CPUs, I can check through the release notes to see if there are any known issues similar to what you're seeing and at what firmware level they are a problem.

Just to be clear, my understanding is that you're unable to upload the logic from any of the three CPUs. Is that correct? Because if the problem is with the CPU with the failed battery, there isn't anything available in it to upload.

When you go online with a PLC without a program due to a failed battery, the program name in Proficy's status window will revert to "HHP".

Ok, Yes you're right I cannot upload from any of the 3 CPU's.

And also we were wrong, the program was still in the CPU. After the
CPU software fault happened it got put in stop mode, and in the config its set to start up in it's last state. So each time the machine got turned on it started in stopped mode. So I had to clear the fault,
start the CPU, and then power cycle the machine. Now it is working again.

But it is still my goal to pull the programs off of these.

Also, We have a 4th conveyor (made in 1998) that we got out of storage. I connected the setup to it and was able to upload the entire program at once successfully. This 4th conveyor's 90 micro is running "software version 3.01 build 31A1" the other three conveyors are running "2.01 build 0". Could this be the cause of the connection issue?

Release 2.01 dates back to April 1996 and required Logicmaster software release 6.01 or later. Release 3.01 to August 1997 and required Logicmaster release 8.01 or later. Both must have originally been programmed using Logicmaster software, as VersaPro was not released until 1999. Consequently, your best bet to successfully upload will be Logicmaster. Logicmaster 9.02 release notes (GFK-1412E) states that it was designed and tested to be compatible with Series 90 Micro release 2 and earlier, however some new features in Logicmaster 9.02 may require CPU firmware upgrades to be fully available.
I'm starting to wonder about your connection between the PC and the PLC. I have always had issues using Logicmaster with a USB/serial converter, and the issues are similar to what you've been seeing. For some reason the connection between the PC and the PLC can't be sustained long enough to upload or download the entire program. I'm wondering if your MOXA device has similar issues.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the cable or the computer logicmaster is running on. Using COM1 on the pc I tried the "cheater cable" and IC690ACC901 serial cable from plccable.com, with the same results. I also tried a different computer, an old thinkpad running windows XP Pro ver 2002 service pack 2.

I am able to upload and download the logic and config from (4th conveyor) software version 3.01 cpu. And I can upload and download the configuration from a software version 2.01 cpu, but I cannot upload the logic. I did download the logic from conveyor 4 to a 2.01 cpu successfully.

This is all with logicmaster v9.05. Is there anywhere I could source an older version of logicmaster? Or a versaPro CD?

Also, I failed to mention;

We picked up a newer version micro 90 (IC693UDR005RP1) from ebay running ver 3.10 software. It acts just like conveyor 4 (3.01 software) in that I can upload the entire program and download just fine. So overall it looks like I can upload and download the whole program for software versions 3.01 and 3.10. For 2.01 I can upload and download the config, but only download the logic.

I have earlier versions of Logicmaster, but they are on 3.5" floppies. Will you be able to install from them? I no longer have a functional floppy drive, so I can't even check to see if the floppies are still readable.
If you can use them, send me a PM with your mailing address.

hello
i have a problem with the proficy machine edition witch i couldent get online with my PLC GE fanuc series 90 micro , the error is the frimware vesion , i serch for the firmware version 3.10 and i fond nothing , if anyone have the folowing firmware version please contact me