Siemens OP7-DP

silva.foxx

Hi.
I have an text-based HMI off our "scrapheap challenge" section in our engineering stores. On powering up it goes straight into READY FOR TRANSFER.

I wish to download a ProTool program into it. I am connecting via a USB>Serial adaptor and DB9-DB15 lead. When I attempt to compile and download the program the compiler aborts download due to OP NOT NETWORKED. I've tried manipulating the Peer parameters for the desired PLC connection to no avail. I've tried seleting "not networked" but error on peer not selected. I've done the [Down] +
+ [Esc] to erase flash memory.

The adaptor and lead works between ProTool and an OP17 successfully.

With the OP coming from the free issue of our stores, it looks used though not abused, so may be faulty... I don't know.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance - silva.foxx​

Last edited:
I don't have pro-tool on my pc to check the options right now but......

Did you select "serial transfer" in Pro-tool?

Or is it trying to do a network (profibus or MPI) transfer and failing

Jason

ProTool Download Preferences; Serial > Com1 > 9600

Settings for Ports in PC's Device Manager is set to 9600 baud for USB-serial adaptor which, as above, works in connection with an OP17.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare/new OP7 to set in READY FOR TRANSFER to compare. This iffy unit has MPI add. 3 written on the rear.