Step 7 Beginner

Edmond1966

Hi,

I have a quick question for you all,
When I try to load an FB into OB1 it faults the processor.
I have one FB loaded and it works. If i try and the same one again its OK. If I create another FB it faults. I've read the manual on entering FBs.
Are there any basic rules I should be applying when creating an FB or loading one?

When I make a new FB, I load them into the PLC in this sequence:
1st, load new FB and new instance DB that is derived from the FB.
2nd, load block that calls the FB+IDB - in your case OB1.
Maybe you forgot the IDB, or loaded the calling block 1st.

If you press cntrl+D from the block folder, you can display the diagnostic buffer. This will tell you why the processor is faulting.

Hi
I've been there, the status tells me that the SF led is on!

I've gone back to how I download.
I have now gone offline made the changes then downloaded the whole program instead of downloading just the changed blocks.

thanks

Here's an example of the diagnostic buffer:

diag001001.JPG

Thanks for that,

I've got another question even sillier,
Can I put a timer in a function block.
I don't have alot of repetitive code but using function blocks and FCs will sort out different areas of my program. I am basically coping my AB program?

Yes, use SFB4/5 which are the IEC timers. You can declare as many as you like in the stat area of the FB and call them by name. They are all then bundled into one instance DB.

e.g.

fbfb001.JPG

Last edited: