Wago Thermocouple/Mit. PLC

The_Wanderer

Hello,

We have the following system: A Mitsubishi A1SJH PLC with a couple I/O cards and a profibus master. 5 Seperate profibus nodes, with discrete I/O cards only at the moment. As this was our first machine with Profibus (we manage to use simple block or rack PLC's for almost every mahine), we had some help setting it up. Unfortunately the "help" was not helpful-- as rsdoran says:
"Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand."
Told me very little, showed me nothing, was only involved with himself...

Now the customer wants to add a thermocouple card to the profibus nodes. Fine. Have the card (WAGO #750-469), which looks fine and comes with an easy to follow wiring diagram, but no tips on how to read the value into my PLC.

I have written the program to operate the machine based on the thermocouple reading being in a certain data register, and am ready to test, but don't know how to get the reading from the card to the data register. I gather that it is a combination of FROM and TO, but no idea FROM and TO what.

Now the machine is on site, so I can't play with it. The customer is yelling for this addition, the man who sold me the WAGO card promised me help on Thursday afternoon (it is now the NEXT wednesday!), and even the guy who "helped" the first time has moved jobs and is unavailable. I asked for training when we first built the machine, and was told that it wasn't worth it, as we don't use the system enough. Now I am being asked why I didn't get training... mddr

Any pointers? Help? Wickedly evil ways of exacting revenge on everyone involved?

I don't know or use Mitsu.., but in general-level...

Have they told you how many Profibus-nodes have reserved for that t-couple-unit?
So. if there are more Analog I/O-points*16 bits than Disc. I/O node have mapped (Factory-mapped?, Is it?) or must you re-map Profibus-memory (I/O) area again ?

Thank you for replying Seppo!

Fortunately I managed to sort the problem out. Seems that our vendor heard me cursing his name and he drafted in somebody with more Profibus experience than me to help. It still took us all day Friday to figure out what the problem was with the code from the original "expert". He had set up a system that was built for expansion with no room in the configuration for expantion... :unsure:

Anyway, the machine is now reading the temperature as required, although I still have to go back tomorrow and try to implement the changes that I should have been doing on Friday!