mac 90 communications

kevbloke

Hello to all mac programmer guru's out there.
I have a carbonator with a mac 90 hmi installed. Unfortunately the screen is shot and illegible.
Ive been trying to suck the program out of it with mac programmer with very little success. i have tried two different leads. The program settings are correct i.e plc A2AS and mac90 ver 1.1. It would appear that there is no communication at all. There may be a prompt on the hmi but i cant read it. I have the switch in program mode.
Please help

I recently had to get the program out of a Mac too.
And I recall I also had trouble communicating.

If I remember, I altered the baud settings to 9600 and suddenly I could upload and download.

Might help!

Cheers Goody. Unfortunately i tried this but it didn't work. Still unable to communicate,the unit just sits there laughing and blowing raspberries!

Have you tried talking to Mitsubishi's technical support group? They have some people who are very knowledgeable in the MAC series terminals in the UK. Perhaps they can even recommend a place to get it repaired.

Thanks guys

Thanks for your input guys. I got there in the end with much button pressing, screaming and spitting. Not really sure which combination worked in the end but the jobs a goodun.

Kev