OPC Siemens fail to read an ARR[i,n]

svoicum

Hello,

I'm using Simatic net pb sofnet-S7 2006, configured as S7 connection on a ET200S profibus.
I can read-write any variables and only the one dimension array (ARR[n]).

The two-dimension array (ARR[i,n]), OPC scout shows modification only on first array variable (ARR[1,1]) and some of the rest are reported even as bad connection.
The DB.ARR[i,n] is showing the correct values. Why that's not happening even over the OPC com ?

Error_OPC.png

DB_read.png

Thank you.

Last edited:
Come again...
In netpro I get the warning:

netpro1.png

Is this the problem for the bad reading of arr[i,n] ?
And if that's the problem can you help me solving this one?

Thank you.

bad connection in "OPC Scout"

Hi
I haven't experienced this particular warning message, so I can't tell you what bothers the compiler. I just wonder why your "Subnet" choice is "PB(PROFIBUS)" and not MPI. Is it your choice, or NetPro's? Regarding my previous advice, if it insists on "PB(PROFIBUS)" as the channel of connection, check you "OPC settings" in your "Configuration Console" to see that "DP" protocol is checked. It can't do any harm. (Except for maybe slowing down a little the speed if it's unnecessary)
I've experienced recently, though, a similar "bad" connection in OPC Scout, and what I did, was to change the connection type in NetPro to "(Unsepecified)", completing the details myself (you must be familiar with the procedure first). This solved the problem. Don’t forget of course, to download the new configuration to your "Station Configuration Editor" (or importing the .XDB file), before you test it again with OPC Scout. If you're not familiar with the terms I mentioned, I can send you a screen capture of some of the procedures.

Good luck

Razi

Hi Jesper and Razi,

Thank you for your replies.

Jesper:
I also sent the "problem" to Siemens S&S. I do hope that I'll get an answer monday (I think too that's a siemens problem)

In the meantime I can try to solve by reading and testing.

Razi:
Before my last post, I do test setting even DP (as you say: what more harm can do ?!) and no improve in reading the OPC arr.

I've set the profibus(PB) because the application will have (in the final) 6 more IM151.

If I'm not asking to much, pls. do send me the screen(s), as long I'm trying to make the first time "unsepecified" connection. I'm sure that your tutorial it's much better that the siemens one.

Just in case, if it's much easier for you to sent the picture by email, here is mine:
[email protected]

Thank you

The message points to that the selected DP profile is most suitable to pure master-slave networks. You can try to set the profile to "standard".
I see a potential problem in that you have so many masters polling information from the S7 CPU, that it may affect the token cycle time.
You should get some error messages on the CPU or the PC stations.
Maybe this IS the problem and maybe changing the bus profile will fix it.

I doubt that changing to "unspecified" type connection will do any difference.

I changed to MPI (exception for IM151 - which remain on profibus), and I don't have any warnings. But still no changes in reading a double ARR through OPC.
I also modified the prog like this:

var_assign_ARR[i,n].png

with the results:

Error_OPC_ARR[i,n].png

DB_read_ARR[i,n].png

now it seems to me that there is an internal error in step7, as long as I read the same errors in arr even through kassl dOPC explorer.

I'm steel wainting for an answer from Siemens S&S (they told me that I"ll be contacted about, let's see, 8 hours ago...)

PS. I still don't believe that I'm the first ever who try to read arr[x,y] through OPC.
Is there anyone that used a double array and encountered this problem?
Can someone recreate my situation and to observe if there's still the same errors?

Last edited:
PROBLEM IT'S SOLVED !

Here is the patch no.10 for Simatic Net 2006 S7, from Siemens. Now multi-dimensional array can be read via OPC.

For those of you, which have 2007 version the patch it's included.

For the rest of you:
The file it's 1.8Mb. So, till Siemens will provide a direct link, fell free to email me.

Last edited: