Smoothing/buffering 4-20ma Siginal To A Drive

bwiring

I'm Using A Ad Dl-06 Plc And A Ad Gs2 Drive. The Problem I Have Is This. When The 4-20 Siginal Nears The Set Point It "bounces" On And Off The Output Of The Plc Which Is The Start/stop Signal Of The Drive. This Inturn Faults The Drive. Is There Any Way To Dampen The Output To The Drive.

Is it possible to define some kind of hysteresis? I'm not sure if I understand your problem , but you'll always have bounce if Start and Stop point are the same. You must define that Start signal will correspond to value A, and Stop signal ro value B in mA. Difference between B and A must be for example 1 ma, or other value that will satisfy your application.

Why wait for the speed reference to reach the setpoint before sending the Start signal. Start the drive at the beginning of the transition of the speed reference and let the accel ramp in the drive control the ramp up to setpoint.