panelview 600 offline

djc950

hi guys, im new on programming the panelview (600).I have couple of question. 1st when i lay out the start button on the panelbuilder
then download on the panelview, i only see error button instead of the actual start button. 2nd is the error panelview offline, it that mean i have to set the baud rate or i forgot to turn on something.appreciate any help thanks

I have not use panelbulder for a while, but i remember that the first thing you have to do is to define what kind of terminal you're going to use together with the protocol comm to be used, then design the displays together with the tag databse, when downloading is better to use rslinx classic so that you can be sure your pv is communucating with your pc before download begins.

djc950 said:
hi guys, im new on programming the panelview (600).I have couple of question. 1st when i lay out the start button on the panelbuilder
then download on the panelview, i only see error button instead of the actual start button. 2nd is the error panelview offline, it that mean i have to set the baud rate or i forgot to turn on something.appreciate any help thanks

djc950,
You need to provide more info.
1-What is the complete catalog number of your PanelView
2-What is the PV connected to SLC??,PLC??,CLX??,Micrologix??
Or ???
3-Waht port are you tring to connect to and what cable are you using.
4- Start botton ? Is this a button on a screen you made or?
What are you trying to start? Error button?

is a 2711-T6C16 PV600 Color Touch, FRN 4.10-4.xx try to connect to miclogix 1500. im usning compactflash card to download. i create a start button on the panelbuilder and copy it to the cm card and download it . after that , i only see circle with text error instead of start text. thank you for respoinse

What cable are you using to connect to your ML1500?
Can you post your PV file ( your .PBA or .PVA file) zip it and post.
Also post your ML1500 file ( .RSS zip it and post)
Whats the start button supposed to start?

djc950,
In post #4 you say you have a 2711-T6C16 panelView which has DF1 protocol.
Your software is configured for a 2711-T6C5 which DH485 protocol.
Which one ( PanelView) do you have? If your PanelView the DH485 protocol then you will have to configure your ML1500's port for DH485.
The cable between your ML1500 and the PV should be AB's 2711-NC21
or 2711-NC22 straight thru cable.

Be careful here, if your ML1500 only has one comm port( some models have two ports) and you change it to DH485 then you will need a real serial port on your PC to comm. with the ML1500. You will then have to use the 1747-PIC/AIC driver in RsLinx.( it needs a real serial port). Or a 1747-UIC which is a USB to DH485 converter. ( it uses a USB port and DF1 protocol you don't need a real serial port.

Last edited:
yes i have 2711-t6c16 panelview at work, and also i have 2711-t6c5l1 at home for testing before i download it to another panel, the protocol DFI
using the cable bet ml and panel is 2711-n13.there are two port on ml1500
9 pin round and d 9 pin.i have a program for the ML1500 attch
thank you

If you can when you get back to work post its .PBA file.
Double check the communication setup for both your PV and ML1500 to make sure they are both the same, Baud rate,error checking and so on.

thank mickey i willcheck the cable and baud rate tomorrow, any change you know some tutorial book on panelview.thanks again

thank again mickey i already figure out what the problem, on communication setting i forgot to check the network box and connect the cable to dfi r232 plug.on the panelview.