3 Pump Control

gowsim

Hi all, I am working on a project for a storm water drain which has 7 pumps in total, however 3 of the pumps are required to have a rotational start order based on hours run. This is so that they have even wear on the pumps, in addition to code to rotate the start order the customer als want to step through the order when required to the next option. The PLC that will be used is a Alen Bradley 5/05 and using RSLogix 500, if anyone has any useful examples or any advice I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Here is an alternator for 5 motors. It uses no fancy methods, just basic intructions. It should be easy to adapte for 3 motors. It has an Auto switch for each compressor that can be used to remove that motor from the rotation queue.

Wouldn't it be better to adjust the rotations a bit so that 1 pump gets more wear than the others? Equal wear on all of them tends to result in all the pumps failing around the same time. In my opinion, it would be better to have a couple of pumps out for repair than to have all of them out of service...