Control Sequence Pump

How are you going to select the order ?
Do you have an HMI or are you using buttons into I/O ?
If using buttons then there may be a problem how do you select the order, for example if you use the start buttons what is to stop you pressing a button twice i.e. order becomes 1,1,2,3 etc.
If using an HMI you can have lots of buttons & possibly an array for the sequence so you populate the array with the pump order.
Example:
All pumps must be stopped, this allows you to change the order in the array, have some logic that if you end up with the same pump in two or more of the array locations it errors or zero's the array.
Using just a few discreet buttons the logic would become rather complex & without some indication of what order how do you know ?.

how are you going to select the order ?
If using an hmi you can have lots of buttons & possibly an array for the sequence so you populate the array with the pump order.
Example:
All pumps must be stopped, this allows you to change the order in the array, have some logic that if you end up with the same pump in two or more of the array locations it errors or zero's the array.

The attached .ZIP contains an archive of a TIA Portal V14 project that does most of that; it also contains PNGs of the logic and data DB.The struck-out logic is left as an exercise for the user.

Here is a link to a video of the simulator HMI controlling an S7-1200 PLC that is running the code.

The two images below show the HMI logic and the DB declarations; those are the same imagesin the the .ZIP above.
HMI_logic.jpg

global_DB.png

Here is one that only has the 4 pump start/stops a Hand/Off/Auto Switch & a Set switch.
If the selector is in off position then pressing the SET button enables logic so as the operator presses the start buttons it populates the sequence array i.e. if the operator presses 3,1,2,4 in that order it puts those into the array. If the operator then selects Auto, the pumps will start in the sequence in the array, when the operator switches out of Auto, the reverse happens i.e. the pumps stop in reverse order, (Note: I have set the timer for 5 seconds for quick teseting), when Manual is selected, the operator can start/stop the motors as needed, this logic uses indirect addressing & although I have used an HMI for control the number of buttons/selectors has been kept to a minimum so these could be discrete into I/O. It's not TIA as I do not have it on this PC but easily converted to TIA.

Pump Seq Scr.png

Attachments

• Pump Sequencer.pdf
    102.5 KB · Views: 6
Forgot to mention that the Auto pumps array is 0-4 i.e. 5 bits, the reason for this is that the pump numbers go from 1 to 4 & as this is used as the pointer we need a dummy i.e. Auto_Pump_Array[0] I have also modified the printout as I used the direct bits instead of the Array symbol (may make more sense for siemens see attached modified printout

Thank you very much, @cardosocea @parky @drbitboy @Steve Bailey.
I spent a week to complete this task but it is only in manual mode. I will explain my program. To begin with, I need to talk about my idea.
My idea:
1. I need to determine the number of pumps - particularly pump 1 = 1, pump 2= 2, pump 3 =3, and pump 4 = 4 (start 1 will active pump 1, so start 1 can also be understood 1)
2. I use the block “MOVE_BLK_VARIANT” to create the array to scan the order of buttons (the sequence). Afterward, I compare the value of an array with the number of pumps.
3. When the system is off, everything will reset
4. Furthermore, I add one condition. I call it an “active_ pump”. You need to activate the pump before pushing the button (in some cases, the pumps don’t work, so you have to take it out the system). For instance, I activate pumps 1,3,4, then I push the start button 1,3,4. If I push the start button 2 nothing happens.
5. The system will start:
• switch manual
• active the pump that it will work in HMI
• Push the button ready button
• Push the button start that you need
• Push the button stop to stop pump