Help:sequence Control Circuit

If you do a search for a "triplex pump alternator" diagram you can see the basic ladder logic involved and convert it to code for your system, systems like this have been in existence for decades. There are also pre-fab alternator relays that already do this if that is all you need to accomplish.

Hi BCS, I didn't see the R being the flip/flop, good call. I was only looking at the first part of the Quote

"hello every one, i need a control circuit which can make a changeable sequence with 3 motors by any device
for example i need to start pumps with a pressure switch in this sequence pump1 then pump2 then pump3".

and only 1 pump would Run at a time.

Actually the way I read this diagram is:

R = Relay used for flip-flop to sequence the 2 pumps.
K1 = Pump #1
K2 = Pump #2

When K1 gets energized it seals itself in and allows R coil to be energized at the same time.
When pressure switch opens K1 seal-in is broken and pump stops.

When pressure switch closes again, R is now energized so circuit will not flow to K1, this time and will flow to energize K2 coil which will seal itself in and de-engergize R coil at the same time.
When pressure switch opens it will break the seal-in for K2 and pump will stop.

The next time pressure switch closes R is not energized so we start all over again with K1 energizing and running pump # 1.

Just quickly off the top of my head you could add the 3rd pump in much the same way by adding another holding relay and working this into the process using 2 relays and 3 pump contactors.

It might even be simpler than that but I would need to sit down and work it out to be sure.

OP you say you can use single line or Ladder.
Is this to be hard wired or are you going to use this control through a PLC?
And if you are going to use PLC, what brand and model?

If I get some time later I can put a electrical scematic drawing together for 3 pumps for you.

But if you are doing this through a plc then just writting the ladder would save some time.

Edit: I got wrapped up in your drawing here and then went back and read your first post.
A couple of questions have come to mind now.

1) Are you wanting to run more than one pump at the same time???? (Because your drawing does not reflect this.)

2) If you do want to run more than one pump at a time to maintain a certain constant pressure, then you will need multiple pressure switches or a combination of pressure switches and timers OR an analog pressure switch and do the entire control through a PLC.

3) If you want to change the run sequence of the pumps as you say in post 1 then PLC is the way to go for sure.

4) You will also want to add logic so that if a pump Overload is tripped or a breaker is off on one pump the run logic will be passed off to the next pump in the scheduled sequence.

Please provide more detail as to what you actually have now and what it is you want to achieve as and end result and what equipment and method you plan to use to achieve this result.

BCS

you are right my drawing is just 2 pumps and the relay R is just auxiliary relay to manage motors sequence.

answers for your questions is:

i have a 3 digital pressure switch and i have a 3 pumps, i have also a Zelio logic control (Schneider electric) programed by ladder diagram.

when the 1st pressure switch is active i want the 1st pump work
when the 2nd pressure switch is active i want the 2nd pump work in addition to the 1st pump
when the 3rd pressure switch is active i want the 3rd pump work in addition to the 1st and 2nd pumps
so in this cycle the arrangement of working sequence is
P1 then P2 then P3
this is one cycle, when all pressure switches become inactive this cycle is ended. when the first pressure switch become active again and i need to start another cycle with arrangement of P2 then P3 then P1.
the third cycle must be P3 then P1 then P2 and so on.

adding logic so that if a pump Overload is tripped or a breaker is off on one pump the run logic will be passed off to the next pump in the scheduled sequence is optional but it will be very usefull if i do it.

i need a ladder diagram software to download it in zelio logic relay to achieve the previous sequence.
if you have time to do it for me i would be very thankful.

Hi EM, if you had posted this info at the start instead of us guessing what you may have wanted, maybe someone may have done the code for you by now. What is the theory behind swapping the starting of the Pumps? Do you have other back up pumps?
If it is the misguided idea of equaling hours of the pumps, guess what happens when 1 pump fails from to many hour/lack of service. Have you worked it out, 3 dead pumps at the same time.

EM, l think you need to have a think about the safety, let alone the control of these pumps.
Have a think about how many things need to be right before and during these pumps running.
I would suggest writing these things down, then looking at how many inputs you have available.
Just the 3 pressure switches have gobbled up 3 of 8 inputs, let alone C/B indication, start/stop, E STOP (which should be hard wired), O/load, auto/manual. running dry protection, the list goes on.

Hi EM,

i have design and simulate the program using Zelio Soft2 FBD,

another question are this for semester/school project?

I dont have Zelio software so I am out.

Good Luck

BCS

Hey thanks for that, we actually just got a new trash compactor that has a Zelio in it, and I have been wanting to upload the program so I can get a LOGO ready for a back up.

I will download and try to find what cable I need for this.

BCS

you can make the program by using this zelio software by using the simulation inside the program you don`t need any cable then, or you can draw any ladder diagram manually and i will convert it to zelio software

I was talking about using the software to UPLOAD a program from a Zelio that I have in a piece of equipment on this ship.

It looks as if Osmanmom has already made the program for you and is waiting a reply from you!!!

Read 3 post up from this one.

BCS

Hi EM, if you had posted this info at the start instead of us guessing what you may have wanted, maybe someone may have done the code for you by now. What is the theory behind swapping the starting of the Pumps? Do you have other back up pumps?
If it is the misguided idea of equaling hours of the pumps, guess what happens when 1 pump fails from to many hour/lack of service. Have you worked it out, 3 dead pumps at the same time.

sorry for this fault but i wasn`t mean to do this trouble.

EM, l think you need to have a think about the safety, let alone the control of these pumps.
Have a think about how many things need to be right before and during these pumps running.
I would suggest writing these things down, then looking at how many inputs you have available.
Just the 3 pressure switches have gobbled up 3 of 8 inputs, let alone C/B indication, start/stop, E STOP (which should be hard wired), O/load, auto/manual. running dry protection, the list goes on.

i have a complete system with manual / automatic, O.L , Start stop. but what i miss it is the operation of sequence of motors.
the client need this sequence urgently.

Hi EM,

i have design and simulate the program using Zelio Soft2 FBD,

another question are this for semester/school project?

thank you for make it. please upload it here, but if you can change it to ladder it will be very helpful because all of my circuits is by ladder diagram
thank you