RSView32--Displaying 'Short Tag' Property

cntrlfrk

I noticed in the RSTrendX Properties in RSView32 that you can choose the pen caption to be 'Description/ Short Tag/ or Long Tag'.

Does anyone know a way of displaying the "Short Tag" on a normal display?

I'd like to display this on a faceplate, so, when I'm troubleshooting something over the phone or otherwise, I can quickly see what the tagname is in a RunTime application. I've thought about going through and putting in ToolTips for this, but it would be much easier if I could use a parameter file since most tags won't fit on a faceplate since they look like:

Plant_1\Steam\Boiler_1\Pressure\PIC001PV

and I would like to just show 'PIC001PV'

create a memory tag (eg TEST) of string with initial value of PIC001PV
add a label to the popup
give it a parameter link (eg #1)

in the parameter file
#1 = TEST