FROM a PM.... I have no idea on OMRON

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This was a PM I received...

hi,
i need to send hex codes (FC 40 32 00 91)from omron cqm1 plc to stepper motor drive through serial rs232c to start and stop that motor as per the inputs satisfied in lader logic.is it possible help me.
FC 40 32 00 91 to start forward run
FC 40 32 FF 92 to start reverse run
FC 20 11 D2 to stop.

FC=28.... that is the only thing I know

The rest should just be a hex value you need to write in a string...But I know nothing about Omron, take that back, I know how to make a few of there cables.... :)

GIT,

I responded to this post on MrPLC.
The Hex values should be good.
Need to setup the port in PLC setup, make sure he has the proper cable wiring and use the TXD (Transmit) instruction.
We might make an Omron expert out of you yet!

gtsuport

hi gtsuport,
as per your solution,using txd command i was sucess to transmit that above strings from plc.but now problem is that motor drive only accept ascii.but the plc deliver as hex.(that one i was traced using hyperterminal).is it possible to send ascii string from plc.if so,what i need to do in memory areas.help me.

The plc is transmitting in ascii.
It all depends on how you look at the information.

What is the motor drive doing (or not doing)?

Who is the manufacturer of the drive and model number?

Not sure if I can help, but will need more information.

hi gtsuport,
good day.here i submit the details of that driver and stepper motor.

DRIVER DETAILS,
brand:star 2000
model:APS3-C-00/D2
29FW4J.

MOTOR DETAILS,
brand:sanyo denki
bipolar

herewith {http://www.acpd.co.uk/sei/s/1488/f132.zip}i download the software for that driver.using that software i can able to send run,stop,reverse commands to driver from my pc.that driver also respond for that commands.but the same command which i deliver from plc that driver was not responding.
using hyperterminal in my pc,i try to trace the string from plc and also from that software that i mention below.
from plc: @00EXFC4032009155*
from software: FC40320091
in the above case from plc "@00EX...and 55", i came to know that it is start,fcs, end code.i dont know how to send only data without these start and end code.

and also in hypertermial window i watch the string which deliver from plc is same like the above i mention.but from that software that comes as ascii(font cont understand).

help me.i am struggling with this problem.

My best guess is that the port is still configured as Host Link.
You need to change the port setting to RS232.

The prefix and suffix data look a lot like Host Link information.

I don't see where you have told us which model processor you are using or what software.

Hope this will help.

can u please explain me how to change port setting from hostlink to rs232.remember my plc is cqm1 cpu41.
and i please to say i cant understand...
I don't see where you have told us which model processor you are using or what software

In CX-Programmer, in the left hand frame double click the
Settings. This will open a PLC Settings dialog box.
Click on the Host Link tab.
Change the Mode to RS232C.
Set the communication parameters properly for your drive.
Save your program.
Go on-line with the processor and download the Settings
(check mark next to Settings).
When download is complete, cycle power to the plc to enable your changes.

This should take care of the prefix and suffix data in your ascii string.

thanks gtsupport.now im in home.tommorrow morning i will try this in plant and convey the result to you.
basically im mechanical technician but im intrested in plc.from the last one year im learing litte by little about plc commands with experimental methods. but in this stepper motor im struggling from last two month.
hope i will sucess on tommorrow

hi everyone,
good day to all.today i fix the problem after long struggle.
i switched off the 5th pin in plc,then select rs-232c in pc setup,also modifided databit,parity and stop bit as 9600,8,1,none.
after that i wondered,the plc send the string as i require(FC 40 32 00 91).the driver also respond that and it control the motor as my wish.
thanks to all of u for ur guidence,specially to gtsupport.