5/05 L551 series differences

stuman

Can anybody tell me, or point me to the right location, the differences between the following processors
1747-L551
1747-L551 A
1747-L551 B
1747-L551 C

PLC Center has them all, but the 1747-L551 is much cheaper? Why?

Thanks
Stuman

The 1747-L551 is the oldest and therefore the cheapest.
A, B & C (Revisions) represent various improvements is the processor.

I found this on the A-B web site.
1747-L551/C (16K) processors have 32 total connections (Series B provided 16)

Last edited:
Can the series be updraded via software/firmware, or are they more hardware related? How can you upgrade the firmware?

Series C support 10/100 on Ethernet, I dont think Series B and before did.

Does this mean that it will run on normal 10 Mbps ethernet, eg a normal switch, but just at 10 Mbps?

Thanks
Stu

Yes i believe so, it should also run on a 100M network/switch but only at 10M

Last edited:
1747L551

1747L552

1747L553

Flash

ControlFLASH

1747-DU501

Firmware Kit

Requirements: Win95, 98 or NT PC, 486 processor min. w/ 16MB RAM. Method: If applicable, install new version of ControlFLASH on your PC with the floppy disks provided > Save your processor program to PC hard drive using RS 500 software > Note the Hardware Address of the PLC's Ethernet Daughtercard > Note the assigned IP address of the SLC > At this point the SLC can be optionally returned to initial factory conditions by removing power, removing the SLC from the chassis, disconnecting the battery & shorting the VBB & GNC connections > Start ControlFLASH > Verify J4 jumper on SLC set to Protect > Insert SLC in rack >Connect PC to SLC ENET port via hub or crossover cable > Apply power to rack > Verify SLC in PROG or REM PROG mode > Select SLC product catalog in ControlFLASH > Enter assigned IP address or available IP address for factory conditioned SLC > Enter the Hardware Address of the SLC Ethernet Daughterboard in the AB_SNMP-BOOTP Server window > BOOTP Server runs > Current revision info displayed > Select the appropriate firmware revision from the Firmware Revision window > Acknowledge the upgrade and start it > Module burns flash > On completion turn off power > Remove SLC from chassis > Move J4 jumper to Program > Re-insert SLC > Apply power > Flash burn continues > Remove power on prompt > Move J4 jumper to Protect > Re-insert SLC > Apply power > Wait for prompt for successful upgrade > Remove power > Remove SLC from chassis > Apply upgrade label > Re-insert SLC > Apply power > Restore program. See publication 1747-IN019B-EN-P for details.