remote monitor and control services

mikey431

We are looking for some remote monitoring and control of our equipment.We prefer something over wireless or maybe sateliite since our systems can be a very remote location. Is there anybody here has any solutions and pro/cons of each ? Thank you.

mikey431 said:
We are looking for some remote monitoring and control of our equipment.We prefer something over wireless or maybe sateliite since our systems can be a very remote location. Is there anybody here has any solutions and pro/cons of each ? Thank you.

First off how are you seeing the data now?

how often do you need to poll the remote sites? Is this something you can do say once or twice an hour?

probably on need basis. When we have problem with our sytem, we want to see what is going on remotely. We ran across a company named M2M data corps which offers the sattelite web-based services...

Microwave Data Systems makes a large selection of licensed and unlicensed (spread spectrum) radios for point to point and point to multipoint applications. http://www.microwavedata.com/ It has been my experience that satellite based systems is on the pricy side and you pay for bandwidth weather you use it or not. If you only need to occasionally look at remote sites then look at cellular dialup solutions

mikey431 said:
Look at the Horner XLe series. GSM module add ons.
Dirt cheap for remote site monitoring and their support people will walk you through anything that comes up.