Eplan P8 - Delete cable connection

I know this is a PLCs forum but i am sure that many of the members on here are electrical engineers also. So if anyone can help me out (as you have in the past) it would great.

I am working with the EPLAN P8 software and i am editing some electrical drawings. i am very new to EPLAN but people i work with are not and even they are stumped. this software is very different so i am wondering if anyone knows the tricks. i simply want to delete a cable between 2 connection points. on the picture below i want to delete the red cable connecting the points '23XK02XL40' and 'XS921'. sounds very simple. i want to make new connections to other terminals from the points where i am deleting the connecting cable.

deleteconnection.JPG

Any ideas is better than what i have now...

Cheers

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help. I have P8, but I'm still working with Eplan 21.

Why don't you send the message to the Eplan guys.

I also do not have P8 but this should word:

Eplan is autoconnecting (red line) between electric connectionpoints who 'point' to each other. What you need to do is move the points '23XK02XL40' or 'XS921'.

The cabledefinition '6901-CC921' will stay. If you want to delete this, you only need to delete it's insertpoint. You should make insertpoints visible with the key 'i' (or use the icon of the menu).

Futher more I think that or '23XK02XL40' (or 'XS921') is used to create a cable-reference (I do not know the english term for this). If you click on the insertpoint of these two you should see a field named 'cable-generation'. Change this to 'no cable', otherwise you will get errors when you generato the cable-connections.

I have managed it. still confused how eplan works as a whole but im getting there. that trick with pushing 'i' is very usedful. i should tru and remember that. thanks for your help.