S5 to S7 conversion

ewhite11

HI,

After any help if possible, i've been asked to look at converting our old S5 to S7. Just after any information that may be helpful, we currently have an S5 115U with 32 110V relay outputs, 64 24V outputs and 96 24V inputs. We are not using all these I/O's but i was going to replace it like for like, what do i need to look at buying? Also is there any easy way to convert the program from S5 to S7.

Do a search for related threads, there have been quite a few.

You can use your I/O with a S7-300/400 PLC by buying a profibus adaptor I believe. This was covered in aq thread last week I'm sure.

I would think one of the S7-300 PLC's would be adaquate.

S7 comes with a converter, I have never tyried it, but believe if you have certain instructions used then it will have errors, which you would have to manually correct.

You will find that most of the standard fuction blocks will not convert or ones that have been written using special instructions like RS DO etc.

You will have to find out the purpose of the functions & write them yourself.