Automation Direct Networking

JTE

Hi All,
I have a DL205 running a large process and want to network it to a DL06. The DL06 will perform it's own small standalone job but I want the DL205 to read several memory locations and write to a few of them when required. The idea is if the link is lost the litte DL06's out in the field can continue to work on there own.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Assuming RS485/422 sort of thing.

Jim

We do this with water systems, using RS232 and radios but its the same idea.
The rx/wx (read from network/write from network) commands work well enough but i've found the mrx/mwx (modbus read/write)commands are more fault tolerant.
both have a second comm port that can be set to 485 or 422 either through the program and/or full time during setup. Cable diagrams are on the AD website

One of the nice things about ADC is their networks are easy to set up. We have been using the architecture you describe for years.

The best tip is to have the data you want to read and write in contiguous blocks. Then you use one RX per data set and one WX per data set in the 205, which is the master. The comm link operation is transparent to the slaves and no special configuration is needed.