Wago I/O Questions

Hi Guys,

I am new to using Wago I/O. For this project I am using a number of 750-833 Programmable Fieldbus controllers.

On each controller there is 14 Analog Inputs and 4 DI's and 2 DO's. My questions are as follows:

1. Does it matter which way I arrange the Modular I/O? i.e Analogs before digitals?

2. I need to perform some scaling in the 750-833 controller for each analog input (14).This will be read by the Profibus Master (Prosoft MV156-PDPM on a CLX Rack) Is it possible to write a function to do this in 750-833 and call it 14 times? Are these controllers capable of this? Project requires some desision making remotely in event of a fieldbus or PLC failure.

1. Does it matter which way I arrange the Modular I/O? i.e Analogs before digitals?

Wago as a funny way of having the i/o modules address in a particular order. IF you plan on adding ANY other analog or Word consumming module in the futur... find out about how to OFFSET the i/o adresses. If not then just let it be like you want.

The analog and Word consumming module will take the first addreses by default and what comes next will be the digital modules.. from left to right...(ENJOYE):)

2. I need to perform some scaling in the 750-833 controller for each analog input (14).This will be read by the Profibus Master (Prosoft MV156-PDPM on a CLX Rack) Is it possible to write a function to do this in 750-833 and call it 14 times? Are these controllers capable of this? Project requires some desision making remotely in event of a fieldbus or PLC failure.

Ther PFC is just like a PLC with a particular com device attached. So you can write a full program into it. Of course maths are enabled... yoou can also write some routine ladder that will act IF the feildbus con. is lost.

no problem even mixing is possible although not advisable.
first use the analog channels from left to right on the module.
They will take up the words like %IW0 till %IW14
yes scaling is no problem or use linear2 for a straight line or use linear10 for example when line curved.
yes calling several times no problem.
wago is my specialty.
[email protected]