8 Pins Round Connector

karlag

Hello, where I can bay 8-pins round connectors( for Micrologix PLC programming cabel), who manufacture this connectors?
Thank you!

it's a standard 8-pins mini din connector
a lot of manufactures make this connector

Last edited:
It isn't a standard 8 pin connector. A/B modified the middle row of pins specifically for the Micrologix. I have heard stories of using an Apple Mac connector that is most similar, but a standard 8-pin may damage the connector on the PLC...

There is a thread somewhere with great details and pictures...I will search for it...

Paul

EDIT: here is one
EDIT AGAIN: here is another one with good pictures of the differences.

Last edited:
OkiePC said:
It isn't a standard 8 pin connector. A/B modified the middle row of pins specifically for the Micrologix. .

Hi Paul,

It is a standard connector (trust me)

karlag,

All you do is grind off the 2 tabs on the one side, then its a good fit, then solder the wires.... caution the MicroLogix has an output of 24vdc on one of the pins, if you put that to your PC.... well you can guess the rest :)

Oh ya, don't tell anyone, it will be our little secrete ;) and if you want just to buy one.... just take a look around and I think you will find one :)

Cheap is expensive!!!!! Buy your cables unless you are SURE of the pin out. I have seen more than one serial port smoked on a laptop

tacm said:
Buy your cables unless you are SURE of the pin out.

here... in case you don't have it. see the attachment

also if you need the connectors and can't find them up north let me know I have a few :)

geniusintraining said:
here... in case you don't have it. see the attachment

also if you need the connectors and can't find them up north let me know I have a few :)
Dood helping out is MAD cool, but it does not change what I am saying..... I saw a laptop smoked just two weeks ago because of a home made cable.... The pin out was correct, but the instructions did not include a required resistor..... I am all for saving money....and all for DIY..... But ill buy a 60 dollar cable before ill trash a 2300 dollar computer.........that being said, I know this is a global site and I know in some reaches resources are a problem ( I worked with a guy from Trinidad once who repaired an input card with a transistor radio and a soldering iron )... But here in the US.....I buy my cables....... I am not being a butt head, but I stand by my statement.....cheap is expensive

tacm said:
Dood ...{insert here}...expensive

LOL.... I am not arguing the fact that you can screw things up by incorrect wiring, TRUST ME I hope everyone buys their cables ;) (from me of course)

I if you paid 60 for a cable and 2300 for a laptop??? I need to show you a few places to shop :)

also I don't think you are being a butt head, you just have your own opinion... nothing wrong with that, as there are a few 100k of them here.