Possible to link WinCC Flex recipes?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all

I have a project that uses a Siemens 315-2DP and two HMI's.

The two HMI's are at separate ends of the line. One of the HMI's has a product recipe list on it and I'd like to display the same recipe on the other HMI.

They are linked via profibus.

I wondered if there is any way of displaying/editing the first HMI's product recipe list on the 2nd HMI ??

I've tried setting up a recipe in WinCC Flex but I'm not sure how I'd link it to a recipe on another screen??

I'm new to WinCC Flex and wondered if anyone out there has any ideas, or knows whether this is even possible?

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this..

(y)

I think you could program it but it would not be easy. I would look into the Smart Access option on the panels. You could then see the first panel on the second and have full control of it from the second panel.

uptown47,

I have run into a similar problem on several projects so far. The only solution I have found is to link the 2 HMI's with ethernet and use smart server / smart access.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your answers Charles and nhart,

I've been looking into it this afternoon and I've drawn the same unfortunate conclusion myself...

I'm trying something else now which will hopefully negate the need for me to have the recipes on both screens.

Many thanks

:)

Maybe you can upload 1 recipe to the cpu and download it from there too the second HMI using the 'mailbox'.