swapping ascii characters

rflynt

First post - I have some data in an ASCII file (A145:1). I've figured out how to move it into an ST file, but the upper and lower character are swapped. I'm working with an enhanced PLC 5/80. Can I swap those bytes as I move the data into a ST file? How is that normally handled? Thanks in advance for any help.

my challenge

Here is what I have in my Ascii file. 21 43 65 #7 (the # is a deliminter that designates the end of that field. The data is actually 123456. I need to get this data in the correct order, and get it into the ST data type, and finally convert it to floating point. Can anybody help?

rflynt said:
Can anybody help?
I haven't actually tried this so consider it just as a starting point.

given:

preswap - the 16-bit argument in which the bytes will be swapped
postswap - the result
tmp1 - a scratchpad word
tmp2 - another

PLC-5 mnemonics:
/ the following operations are performed on each word to be swapped /
DIV preswap 256 tmp1
MUL preswap 256 tmp2
OR tmp1 tmp2 postswap

The resulting values can be loaded to an ST data type by:

MOV postswap ST9:0,[data x] - where x (a literal) is the word of the string, which start from zero