Swapping CompactLogix for GuardLogix

PirateGnome

I just finished a project that was using a CompactLogix(5069-L310ER2)and the project now requires a GuardLogix(5069-L310ERS2). I will be installing a single input module(5069-IB8S) and I am uncertain if:
1. Do I have to put the new safety module in the left most slot?
2. If so, will this shift all my IO addresses by one slot?

I'm still waiting for the license upgrade to allow me to program safety logic, so I can't test this out myself just yet, and I'm trying to document. Any help or insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks.

I am not sure I understand your question about left most slot. As far as I know the 5069 series of controllers the I/O, etc. are installed on the "Right Side" of the controller.

I am not sure I understand your question about left most slot. As far as I know the 5069 series of controllers the I/O, etc. are installed on the "Right Side" of the controller.

My apologies. Yes, the modules go on the right side of the Processor. I have 7 modules installed and using studio 5000. In the I/O configuration tree, the modules are listed as slot0 through slot7, where 0 represents the PLC/Processor, slot1 represents the module immediately to the right of the PLC, and slot7 represents the module at the end(7 over from the PLC) If I install a safety module along with the original IO modules, is the safety module required to be installed in slot1 or can I add it onto the end(slot8). If I am required to install the safety module in slot1(between the processor and original modules) will the addresses of the rest of the IO modules change in studio5000? Ex: InputCard:1:I.0 would now be InputCard:2:I.0?

If I recall correctly (you need to consult a qualified safety advisor, I am not), there is no requirement to place safety modules next to the processor, however, there are strict requirements for PELV/SELV power supplies for both processor and safety modules that makes placement next to the processor more logical.
See publication 5069-UM004 table 5 for safety power supply details.
As for changing addresses - this should be a simple search/replace task.

Safety cards in all AB racks do not have to be in any position, adding a new card at the end of the rack is fine. If it is a new build, I prefer all safety input in the first slots, but when field retrofit comes along, I'm not re-labeling the entire rack to slide it in!