Swapping a PF4/40 for PF525

TRW0930

Hi. I have been tasked to update a plc project for my work. Currently, the project is controllogix platform and controlling several drives. The main drive pf40, connected via 22-comm-e and then uses the DSI port to connect to two other drives pf4. What sre the steps to complete this project easily. How much programming will there be involved? I believe it may be easier to do the main drive (pf40) first then swap out the pf4 later. I am able to set the drive up parameters and IP address, just not sure about the programing to exchange the drives. Any help will be grateful. Thanks:site:

I have done this in older systems with no problems, Logix5000 v19, RSView 32 HMI. Just be sure to name the drives exactly the same, I usually copy the name from the program and paste to notepad to be sure. There were no programing issues I ran into.

Last edited: