Odd error when downloading to Q series Mitsi

CyrusTheVirus

Hi,
I recently got this error a few times when donwloading to a mitsubishi q series PLC.

"Don't allocate work area need writing program file during run operation, so execute write operation by using area on IC memory card if it exists"

If i click yes, it then faults out and tells me it cant do whatever it is it was going to do.

Either way, i cant download to the PLC.
I have tried this with a different PC and it loads fine so it is not a space issue

Any help appreciated

Sorry cant help, but that error message is what annoys me with Mitsi stuff. It is good kit but the documentation and software translation lets it dowm IMHO

Cheers

It may be that the memory needs re-formatting, not sure about this one however, I used GX configurator to set up some ASI modules, I assume this puts them into some kind of non volatile memory or something because I could not delete them, even after deleting the memory on the Q, they still remained & faulted the processor when no ASI card installed.

I formatted the memory a function in GX & IEC, & hey presto it cleared, it may be a case that your memory is corrupt it thinks there is less room left.
By the way I left the processor without battery for a few days & even this did not clear the configuration?.

Just to comfirm, I have to go with Parky's suggestion as being the most likely.
I, have had over the years some truly weird error messages out of mitsi plc's. Weird and sometimes frightening.

I cant remember the exact wording of them but I remember once being on line altering some code on a massive hydraulic system and everytime I altered the code and downloaded it - the whole process paused and I got a message about something being corrupt. When I clicked OK, the code downloaded and the machine resumed.
Its unnerving having everyone looking at you each time you alter something and not knowing why it is doing it.

In each case I have had these unknown errors I have cleared the plc memory, reloaded the program and parameters and the problem has gone away

I have found that just clearing the memory works most times, however I suggest a re-format as well, this got rid of the ASI configuration where as a clear memory did not