Searching I/O in S7

glpdrumerx

Hello Everyone, Is there a way to search I/O in Siemens S7 If you don't know which Block that the output or input is use? Similar to the way you search in A.B.?

Reference Data

Open any block and right mouse click on a "global address" such as an M4.0, or I0.0 or q2.0, or db400.dbw30 just can't be a local adress with a #sign in front of it, then GO TO -> LOCATION if it wants to update say YES, then in the pop up window at the top type in the adress you are looking for such as I21.5 Make sure that you check mark Overlapping Access to Memory Areas in case they are using it as an IB21 or IW20 or ID18 etc...then press display and it should pop up everywhere that that adress is being used in the program. Highlight on one and double click and it will open the block for you and bring you to the network.

You can also right mouse click on blocks in Simatic Manager REFERENCE DATA -> DISPLAY and you want to look at the cross-reference view and this will give you all of your addresses and where they are used in the program (make sure you see what the filter is set for)... I prefer the first method, but there are times when I like to see the whole enchilada...